Monday, August 11, 2014

Gingerbread Chai Protein Shake

Two things about today:

1. I am beyond tired because poor Penelope (mutt #4 out of 6 currently residing in the Keith house) was up all night with a double ear infection and terrible allergies...resulting in yours truly being up all night cuddling with poor Penelo-puppy. That was not an enjoyable vet visit this morning. Ugh.

2. I am sick of summer. I wish it was fall. That's all.

So, that said, all that I needed today was a yummy, cozy, fall sort of drink to give me little pep in my step. Since I am really sick of my normal afternoon coffee shake wake me up, I decided to give this gingerbread chai shake from GOOP a try. It has been on my TO MAKE list since before last fall and before the whole "conscious uncoupling" fiasco made me reconsider ever reading her blog again. Though, I will say that I really wish I had made it sooner because it may be my new absolute favorite thing!!

There's no added sugar, lots of protein, and the perfect amount of caffein for an afternoon pick me up!



Gingerbread Chai Protein Shake


Ingredients:
1 cup of brewed rooibos chai tea
1/3 cup coconut milk (I used light coconut milk to avoid the super high fat content. You could also use almond milk, but it will turn out much less creamy)
2 tablespoons almond butter (I used Justin's Maple Almond butter. SO. GOOD.)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You could also let the tea cool and add some ice for a frozen shake!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment